Education Interactive Map
Student Mobility of Flint Community Schools
- Student mobility can be an issue in many urban areas where the population is predominantly minority and are low-income.
- Schools districts in Genesee County and, specifically, Flint Community Schools have declined in student population recently.
- During the period of declining student population in Flint Community Schools, the amount of students that reside within the school district and are enrolling elsewhere has increased. A majority of these students are attending public school academies or charter schools, especially grades K-8. In high school, a majority of students that enroll elsewhere are attending another public school district.
- Recommendations for further analysis include the following: student level monitoring of where they are going,after-school program attendance, and test score performance before and after moving schools; examining changes in school or district policies and opening/closing of schools; investigate socioeconomic factors of families in the region; continued analysis on student data presented in the report.
Economic Interactive Map
Opportunity Zones Interactive Map
Opportunity Zones Dashboard
City of Flint Parks Interactive Map
Flint River Watershed Interactive Map
Health Interactive Map
The Health interactive map displays various health resources in the Flint area. These include pharmacies, dental resources, blood testing locations, behavioral health clinics, medicaid vision providers, food assistance, and medical clinics. Data was 2016-2017 by an Americorps service member housed at The Office of Economic Development as part of the Flint Community Education Initiative.
2015 Speak to Your Health! Community Survey Interactive Map
Data viewed within this mapping application were from the 2015 Speak to Your Health! Community Survey. The Speak to Your Health! Community Survey was supported by the Community Foundation of Greater Flint, Blue Cross Blue Shield of MI Foundation, and the Genesee County Health Department. We would like to thank the Speak to Your Health! Survey Committee members and all those who participated in the project for their assistance. If you have any questiosn or would like to request use of the complete data sets, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Demographic Interactive Map
City of Flint Community Profiles
In this report, the researchers investigated the demographics and amenities within the City of Flint and within each of the 9 wards located in the city limits. Data from the US Census Bureau, ReferenceUSA, and the City of Flint were used to complete the profiles.
- The population in Flint has approximately 100,000 people, is about 55% African-American and 39% white, with a median age of 36 years old.
- Ward 8 is the largest ward by square miles, mostly due to Bishop International Airport being located within the ward. Ward 3 is second largest but also has a large commercial property (most of Buick City) located within the ward boundaries.
- Wards 1 and 2 have the highest percentage of African-American population. Wards 4 and 8 have the largest white populations. Ward 4 also has the highest Hispanic population within the city.
- Ward 1 has the oldest population (median age of 39 years old) and Ward 5 and 8 have the youngest populations (median age of 33 years old).
- Ward 8’s population has the highest average median household income at $32,300. Ward 3 has the highest poverty rate (50%), although the other wards range from 35% to 43%.
- Ward 5 has the highest number of vacant lots in the city. Ward 3 has the highest percentage of poor or substandard property conditions. Ward 5 also has the highest number of commercial properties.
Census 2020 Response Rates Interactive Map
Census 2020 Response Rates Dashboard
Census 2020 Genesee County Local Resources Interactive Map
Census 2020 Resources
Below are resources on the 2020 Census: